• “Roche- Preceptorship training program in liver transplantation” held at University of Alabama, Birmingham, USA. Only candidate to be selected from India for year 2006.
• Vivek Vij et al. Decision-Analysis for selection of Graft Type in Right Lobe LRLT Selection of donor grafts - Oral presentation and travel award in ILTS.
• Last 200 major hepatectomies were performed without blood transfusion and bile leak.
• He has performed whole range of advanced GI surgical procedures including Whipple’s pancreaticoduodenectomy to colonic interposition in corrosive injuries.
• He has been the part of many firsts in India including combined liver & kidney transplant, dual transplant, first transplant in HIV patient, transplantation for situs inversus totalis and many others.